- 1 c. sugar
- ¼ c. water
- Peel and juice from 1 lemon
- 4 large sprigs fresh thyme, preferably lemon thyme
- 3 c. each: diced cantaloupe, honeydew melon, and seedless watermelon
- 1 pt. blueberries
- Garnish: lemon thyme sprigs
- Thyme Syrup: Bring all ingredients to a gentle boil in a small saucepan; simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let steep 20 minutes. Discard thyme sprigs and lemon peel. Cool syrup to room temperature or store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Salad: Just before serving, gently toss together fruit in a serving bowl; add 1⁄3 cup of the thyme syrup and toss. Spoon into dessert bowls or glasses and garnish with thyme sprigs. Serve with extra thyme syrup, if desired.